Student Hack: How to Buy Essays Online without Getting Caught
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Numbers Don't Lie: Surveys on Student Cheating
- No Easy Way Out: Students are Getting Caught
- Essay Services – The Need Is Far Greater Than the Risk
- Buying Essays Online and not Getting Caught
If you're a student, then you know the importance of essay writing in improving one's critical-thinking and writing skills. From the regular paper assignments in high school to the more challenging thesis and dissertation in college, your ability to write about various topics can make or break your career. It's for this very reason that more students are using tools like plagiarism and grammar checkers to good effect.
However, many students do more than just use these tools to check on their work. For whatever reason, many are going as far as hiring essay writing services to complete paper assignments for them. Some people don't find anything wrong with this practice but majority of today's educational institutions consider this a form of plagiarism – a breach of academic integrity that could lead to a student getting expelled.
Numbers Don't Lie: Surveys on Student Cheating
According to a survey, "contract cheating" has become common practice among many university students. What's surprising, however, is that many of them aren't fazed by the possible consequences of this form of plagiarism. Back in 2017, UK's Daily Telegraph reported that over 20,000 students admitted to have ordered custom essays online – and this is just within a span of a year.
Another survey conducted by the University of Australia also found that there are higher cases of cheating behaviors among international students, particularly those who use English as a secondary language (ESL). Meanwhile, in a 2015 survey, students who speak English as a native language (ENL), particularly those from the US, were found to be more likely to take risks in buying professionally written essays as those who are reluctant risk-takers, but who use ESL.
However, it comes as no surprise that more and more students are turning to essay services, particularly ESL students. A more recent survey found that contract cheating among non-native English speaking students is due in part to the educational institution's lack of support for language and learning development. One example is assigning students to write papers when they lack the necessary English language skills to tackle the topic.
No Easy Way Out: Students are Getting Caught
Just recently, several institutions have looked into exploring the legality of this type of academic offense – a trend that continues to threaten the quality of education all over the world. For the first time, students are faced with possibilities of facing fines and a criminal record if they commit plagiarism. New government laws are also being pushed to criminalize those that provide or advertise custom writing services.
For example, in 2015, the Macquarie University in Sydney revoked the degrees of two students who were caught buying essays from an online writing service, therefore preventing them from graduating. In New Zealand, a law was passed to criminalize essay writing services in the country, inevitably leading to the legal prosecution of many students. And in Britain, some 45,000 university students were caught cheating, prompting ministers to help institutions defend academic standards against plagiarism.
Unfortunately, many of today's students are either unaware or are completely ignorant of the implications that come with academic dishonesty and how it could affect their future. Numerous universities are now taking measures to catch plagiarists, including using special tools like plagiarism-detecting software, to check on the papers submitted by their students.
Apart from the possible legal implications, plagiarism comes with a hefty price for those who will be caught cheating, including revocation of course credits, a permanent record of cheating or worse, expulsion.
Need a Reliable Alternative Essay Writing Service? Hundreds of Students Recommend:
Essay Services – The Need Is far Greater Than the Risk
Popular online plagiarism detection services, like Turnitin, are constantly improving their algorithms to reduce the chances of plagiarism and contract cheating among students. But while these special tools and services are valuable for teachers and students alike, it's equally important to take into account the reasons students turn to essay writing services in the first place.
- They help students save time, especially when it's physically impossible for them to finish multiple assignments and meet all deadlines.
- The student may not have the necessary knowledge or skills to write about the topic assigned to them.
- A paper that's written by a professional is often better than the work of a regular student.
- A custom essay can help the student have a better understanding of a particular topic, from which they can draw their own conclusions and ideas.
- A custom essay can be a "model paper" that will allow the student to understand the nature of a well-written, high-quality paper.
- Essay service customers are given full copyright ownership of the paper they ordered, so there's no definitive way for their teachers to know who the original author is.
- It's relatively affordable to get a custom paper that's well-structured and professionally written.
- The custom paper cannot be easily detected by plagiarism checkers because they are original works written by professional writers, for the students who ordered them.
If you're wondering whether or not it's safe to use essay writing services, the answer lies in how diligent you are in doing research about a service, before deciding to lay out your money on them. Reading reviews and testimonials from previous customers is one way to find out if a writing service is legal and safe to use.
Buying Essays Online and not Getting Caught
Teachers can probably accept that some of their students use grammar checkers or some other editing tools to aid them in their paper assignments. However, it's an entirely different story if they always rely on essay services to do the work for them.
But as mentioned above, there are many reasons students still turn to these services despite the risks. Below are some tips you can follow if you wish to safely use essay writing services (and not get caught by your teacher).
Tips and Tricks to Safely Use Essay Writing Services
- Do NOT use your personal or campus e-mail address when buying an essay online. Instead, use a different e-mail.
- As much as possible, avoid newbie mistakes - test the waters, avoid scams, fake reviews and try several different writing services until you find the ideal company and professional writer – one whom you can work with again and help you stay consistent with a particular writing style.
- Make it a habit to check for the uniqueness of the papers you ordered. Unintentional or inadvertent plagiarism is often unavoidable, even when a writing service promises 100% originality on their products. You should also know that Turnitin can't detect essays bought online because they're written from scratch.
- Evaluate your own academic performance. If possible, try to add mistakes in the essay, paraphrase some sections, and then add your own thoughts and ideas to make it look more like your own style of writing.
- Always read and understand the context of the essay you ordered, so you can have a clear picture of what the paper is about.
The truth of the matter is that educators cannot entirely discard essay services to help students who require academic assistance. To some extent, it is probably a good idea to let students – especially those who use ESL – to get the help of a writer. Universities should also impose less stringent measures when it comes to grading essays. Better yet, students must be exposed to essay writing as early as possible in their academic life so they won't have to rely on the help of an essay service.
Need a Reliable Alternative Essay Writing Service? Hundreds of Students Recommend:
David Anderson is the founder of IHateWritingEssays. He hates the idea of companies baiting unsuspecting individuals with fraudulent services. Starting from school, he too, struggled to find a helping hand when it comes to writing assignments. Over time, he focused on publishing comprehensive reviews and helping students find reliable essay services. Thus, the review site came to be – serving as the "voice and the iron fist" of an industry expert.