My Admissions Essay Overview
MyAdmissionsEssay is a student-friendly essay writing service that's narrowed down their specialty to editing services and admission essay writing services - hence the name. They still, however, have the usual offerings such as research paper, dissertation, and thesis writing, as well as resume/CV writing, among others. They also have pre-written essays for sale. Their team consists of over 170 writers and editors based in the UK, US, and Europe.
The website is owned by CoreForce LTD, a company that also operates a well-known custom writing service site, PaperHelp, which we recommend. The question now is, does MyAdmissionsEssay follow in the footsteps of its well-reputed sister site? To get more detailed info, read our MyAdmissionsEssay review to get a full report of our investigation.
Types of Services
While this website mainly targets students in need of admission essay writing help, they can do a lot more than that. Here's the full list of services they cater to:
- Admission Essay
- Annotated Bibliography
- Application Letter
- Argumentative Essay
- Article Review
- Book Review
- Business Plan
- Case Study
- Course Work
- Cover Letter
- Creative Writing
- Critical Thinking
- Lab Report
- Literature Review
- Movie Review
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Personal Statement
- Research Paper
- Research Proposal
- Term Paper
Indeed, MyAdmissionsEssay targets a different client base compared to PaperHelp. We've mentioned why it's okay for a company to create several essay websites, as long as those sites target different segments. It just makes sense that way, and it's healthy competition.
From their website, you can see their rates for their writing as well as editing / proofreading services. Cost depends on the academic level and level of urgency (deadline).
For admission help, price starts at $34 but if you need urgent work, it will cost no less than $98. You can take a price cut on your orders by taking advantage of their special discounts. For example, you can save 10% on your first order if you use the discount code: HATEESSAY.
But while they're still within the range of ‘reasonable', it may not be worth it because this site is known for receiving plenty of negative feedback in this regard (more about this on their online reputation).
The ordering process is easy and straightforward. As mentioned earlier, you can choose from 4 academic levels: High School, College, University, or PhD. Additionally, you get to pick from 3 writer's levels: Basic, Standard, and Premium.
- Basic is ideal for foreign students who require a simple paper without complex grammar / vocabulary constructions (in short, non-native English writers or ESLs will be assigned to you).
- Standard is a popular choice among students because writers of this level have good grasp of the English language, as well as other linguistic aspects.
- For those who want the best, Premium is the way to go. A native English writer or ENL will be assigned to you, so expect a paper with exceptional quality. Of course, you need to pay extra if you want a better writer to work for you, but an additional $5 or less is pretty reasonable. Right?
What's ridiculous about MyAdmissionsEssay is that they charge an exorbitant price on Plagiarism Report, which is an ‘additional service'. They explained that this is to ensure they can deliver an absolutely original paper, so they recommend adding it to your order.
Say what? Shouldn't all clients be assured they're always going to get completely original papers to begin with? Why pay an extra for something that's supposed to be free? Besides, if the paper is indeed plagiarized, will they actually send you such report? It's useless.
Money Back Guarantee
When it comes to refunds, MyAdmissionsEssay has put everything in detail. Here's how it works:
- Get a 100% refund if there was a payment mistake (double or identical payment) or there is no suitable writer for your order.
- Get a 70% refund if you cancel an order after a writer has been assigned, with it less than 50% of the deadline has already passed (this is so the writer can be compensated for the work that was already done).
- Get a 50% refund if no writer is available for a revision.
Take note that their money-back guarantee is only effective during their 14-day "cooling off period", which starts from the date your order was accepted. Any requests for refund beyond this period will automatically be rejected.
There are some important points to remember with MyAdmissionsEssay's revision policy. This includes the following:
- You're only given 7 days to request for revision, starting from the date your order has been approved.
- You can extend the grace period up to 14 days and take advantage of free revisions, but only if your order exceeds 20 pages.
- The company can only complete up to 3 free revisions.
As you can see, the terms are a bit strict and can put some students at a disadvantage, especially those who have ordered less than 20 pages. Tough luck, guys. You will either have to pray you won't ever need a revision or just do the work yourself if you have no extra cash to spare.
Need a Reliable Essay Writing Service? Hundreds of Students Recommend:
Checking their reputation on third-party review sites like SiteJabber and TrustPilot, I found out that they mostly have positive customer feedback. Most of their customers are particularly satisfied with the speedy delivery and how professional their writers work with each order.
But it's worth noting that, compared to PaperHelp.org, MyAdmissionsEssay isn't so popular, and there are about 20% negative reviews from customers. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that there are common issues among customers. Most of the complaints are due to the pricing, and there was even a comment citing poorly written paper despite paying for a Standard level writer.
But while the folks at My Admissions Essay are doing their best to address these issues, some competitors are doing everything they can to put a huge stain on their reputation. These competitors create review blogs solely for spreading fake marketing reviews. Some of these include:
It's best to stay away from these blogs and never trust them at all cost.
Overall, MyAdmissionsEssay isn't a bad choice. Their writing services are carefully lined up with the academic needs of students in mind, which is a big plus.
On the other hand, their services are slightly on the pricey side. Additionally, there's no absolute guarantee you're always going to get a good writer, which is worrisome. Because of these factors, it might be better to go to a website like PenDrago.com or something that's more budget-friendly.
- Top 3 Best Admission Essay Writing Service Reviews
- How to Buy an Essay Online: The Ultimate Guide
- Review Fraud: List of Fake Review Blogs about Essay Services
- Are Custom Essay Writing Services Legal and Legitimate?
- Bidding System vs Writer Assigned: What Essay Service to Choose?
- Need an Essay Written in 3 Hours? Find the Fastest Essay Services!
- How to Use Essay Writing Services without Getting Caught?
- Understanding Plagiarism: An Essay Service Customer's Guide
- 8 Mistakes Newbie Essay Writing Services Users Make
David Anderson is the founder of IHateWritingEssays. He hates the idea of companies baiting unsuspecting individuals with fraudulent services. Starting from school, he too, struggled to find a helping hand when it comes to writing assignments. Over time, he focused on publishing comprehensive reviews and helping students find reliable essay services. Thus, the review site came to be – serving as the "voice and the iron fist" of an industry expert.